Milan – Italy (MXP) to Belem – Brazil (BEL) Return Ticket
Price: £ 327.10
Average Fare: £ 710.00
Savings: £ 382.90
Date: 27.03.018 to 07.04.2018
- There are several options to cruise the mouth of the Amazon from Belem (besides extended river cruises upstream towards Manaus or to Macapa at the other side of the Amazon delta).
- Today Belem is still the most important port city of northern Brazil (in fact, it is the gateway to the Amazon). The city has some interesting colonial and republican architecture, which is currently renovated more thoroughly than in the past.
- Marajó Island (Ilha de Marajó) — 3 hours by boat (to Porto Camará) The Shield of the Ocean, in local native language… The Marajó Island is the main reason – together with Amazon river cruises – for leisure travelers to end up in Belem. Often called the largest river island in the world (40,100 km2 / 15,480 sq. mi.: Switzerland sized)
- Daily high temperatures average around 26 degrees Celsius (or about 79 degrees Fahrenheit) all year around. This climate creates the ideal environment for tropical rainforest vegetation to abound, giving the city a really beautiful aesthetic aspect.
- Goeldi Museum offers a world-famous ethnological and zoological collections on the Amazon. The museum has a zoological-botanical garden, sheltering manatees, alligators, snakes, monkeys, birds and other Amazonian animals, an aquarium and the ethnology museum itself. Don’t miss the collection of Marajoara ceramics, Indian artifacts, stuffed birds and old photos.