London – UK (LGW) to Aqaba – Jordan (AQJ) Return Ticket
Price: £ 246.00
Average Fare: £ 440.00
Savings: £ 194.00
Airline: Turkish Airlines
Date: 02.10.2018 to 12.10.2018
- Jordan is home to the ancient city of Petra. Known as “The Rose City” it is famous for its unique architecture carved directly into the rock face. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of the World.
- The final scenes from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade were filmed at Petra.
- Alongside Egypt, Jordan is one of only two Arab nations to have made peace with Israel. In 1994, Jordan signed a peace treaty with Israel, ending the 46-year official state of war.
- Jordan is home to many biblical sites including, among others, the Jordan River where Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, Mount Nebo where Moses died, as well as the sinful cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.
- The waters of the Dead Sea are extremely saline which keeps bathers buoyant. With 34.2% salinity, it is 9.6 times as salty as the ocean.