London – UK (LHR) to Beijing – China (PEK) Return Ticket
Price: £ 316.09
Average Fare: £ 680.00
Savings: £ 363.91
Airline: China Southern Airlines
Date: 7.03.2018 to 12.03.2018
- The Great Wall of China is one of the greatest sights in the world — the longest wall in the world, an awe-inspiring feat of ancient defensive architecture. Its winding path over rugged country and steep mountains take in some great scenery.
- The Forbidden City is the largest palace in the world. It is also China’s best-preserved imperial palace and the essence and culmination of traditional Chinese architectural accomplishment. In 1987 the palace was nominated as World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO, and it is also recognized as one of the five most important palaces in the world.
- Beijing Municipality has a population of almost 20 million, covering 16,800 square kilometers (or 6,487 miles). The city proper has a population of almost 12 million people, but it is likely that this data doesn’t include many migrant workers coming from all over the country to look for work.
- Beijing Capital International Airport is second only in the world following Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, and the busiest in Asia, so you should have no trouble finding a flight.
- One of the biggest sights in the city is the Olympic Park, built for the Summer Olympics in 2008. China’s National Stadium, or the Bird’s Nest, as it has become known, is the world’s largest steel structure and the most complex stadium ever constructed. It is “one of the key engineering marvels in the world today.”