London – UK (LTN) to Reykjavik – Iceland (RKV) Return Ticket
Price: £ 27.78
Average Fare: £ 180.00
Savings: £ 152.22
Date: 30.04.018 to 11.05.2018
- Located just two degrees south of the Arctic Circle, Reykjavik is the world’s northernmost capital of an independent nation. Reykjavik’s location means that during the winter months the city only gets four hours of sunlight on the shortest day. However, during the longest day in the summer months, Reykjavik sees almost 24 hours of daylight!
- Thanks to the abundant geothermal energy steaming all over the country some sidewalks in Reykjavik have hot water pipes that run underneath them helping melt the snow and ice away. This becomes very helpful during those long winter months when snow and ice cover the city sidewalks.
- From amazing murals on buildings to alleyways covered in street art, Reykjavik has some beautiful street art to be discovered.
- Nor is it uncommon to find babies sleeping in them! If you are walking around downtown Reykjavik don’t be alarmed when you see baby strollers with a sleeping babysitting outside a cafe. It is completely normal to leave a baby sleeping outside, and the moms are never far either watching over their sleeping child from the window or with a baby monitor. Some fresh air is good for us!
- At 74.2 meters tall Hallgrimskirkja is the tallest building in Reykjavik and one of the most iconic structures of the city. Hallgrímskirkja took 41 years to build and its design was inspired by Icelandic nature. You can see this unique building from all over Reykjavik, and the view from the top is one of the best in the city.