London – UK (LTN) to Kaunas – Lituania (KUN) Return Ticket
Price: £ 30.02
Average Fare: £ 140.00
Savings: £ 109.98
Date: 18.04.2018 to 24.04.2018
- There are more hot air balloons per head of population in Lithuania than in any other country
- The Curonian Spit is a 98 kilometers (61 miles) long, thin, curved sand-dune spit that separates the Curonian Lagoon from the Baltic Sea coast. Human habitation of this elongated sand dune peninsula dates back to prehistoric times. Its southern portion lies within Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia and it’s northern within southwestern Lithuania. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site shared by the two countries.
- Aukštaitija National Park established in 1974, it is the oldest national park in Lithuania. More than 70 percent of its area is covered by woods. 80 percent of woods are pine stands, some reaching 200 years old. Also, there are 126 lakes are scattered among the woods and hills.
- The Old Town of Vilnius is one of the largest surviving medieval old towns in Northern Europe. It encompasses 74 quarters, with 70 streets and lanes numbering 1487 buildings with a total floor area of 1,497,000 square meters (16,113,500 square feet) .In 1994 the Vilnius Old Town was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- The Gate of Dawn is a city gate of Vilnius and one of the most important religious, historical and cultural monuments. It was built between 1503 and 1522 as a part of defensive fortifications for the city of Vilnius, the capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.