London – UK (LHR) to Auckland – New Zealand (AKL) Return Ticket
Price: £ 416.91
Average Fare: £ 760.00
Savings: £ 343.09
Date: 11.05.2018 to 29.05.2018
New Zealand Facts
- While it is no longer the case, New Zealand was once governed as a part of the territory of New South Wales (later a part of Australia). When Australia federated in 1901, New Zealand was offered a place as one of their states. New Zealand refused and is its own country with no ties (other than economic and commonwealth) to Australia.
- A kiwi is not a fruit – it is New Zealand’s native flightless bird (pictured above) and a slang term for a New Zealander. Kiwis call the fruit “kiwifruit” – they are also known as Chinese Gooseberries.
- New Zealand has a strong hold on the international trade in sheep meat. There are presently around 9 sheep to every 1 human in New Zealand (the population of New Zealand is 4 million).
- Lake Taupo (one of New Zealand’s most popular tourist destinations) was the source of the largest known eruption in the world in the last 70 thousand years. It had a Volcanic Explosivity Index of 8. It released over 530 cubic kilometers of magma.
- With more than 400, New Zealand has more golf courses per capita than anywhere else in the world.