London – UK (LHR) to Rhodes – Greece (RHO) Return Ticket
Price: £ 68.97
Average Fare: £ 210.00
Savings: £ 141.03
Date: 28.04.018 to 6.05.2018
- Rhodes is known as the Emerald Island due to the 37% coverage of pine and cypress.
- In ancient days, Rhodes was famous, ‘worldwide’, for the Colossus of Rhodes, which was one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Rhodes is the holiday mecca for northern Europeans with tourism accounting for 75% of the island’s economy.
- On the West side of the island there are several picturesque villages. If you like ancient history the “Pompey of Greece”, Kamiros, is definitely a place to go. The monastery of Filerimos is also a place worth a visit.
- The best beaches are situated on the east coast. It is not too windy there and most beaches there are suitable for families with children. Surfers prefer Prasonisi in the South. At Cape Ladiko there is a small bay with the incredible name Anthony Quinn which is very nice. This is where The Guns of Navarone was filmed. There are also many, many more beaches.