London – UK (LGW) to Corfu – Greece (CFU) Return Ticket
Price: £ 33.99
Average Fare: £ 160.00
Savings: £ 126.01
Date: 22.04.2018 to 26.04.2018
- The island is also famous for its large amounts of olive trees. There are about 4,000 trees which provide 3% of the world’s olive oil.
- Fishing is still very popular on the island. There are three natural lagoons where most of the smaller fish served on the island is produced whereas the fishing boats go after the larger, more desirable fish. This fish is not only very tasty but far less polluted than most parts of the World thanks to the lack of heavy industries and oil rigs.
- Dishes which Corfu is legendary for include Bourou-Bourou (Vegetable and Pasta Soup), Bourtheto (Scorpion Fish in a Spicy Sauce), Pastitsatha (Rooster with Pasta) and Sofrito (Fried Beef in a White Wine Sauce).
- The Corfu Trail is a 222km long distance footpath covering the full length of the island.
- Corfu is an ideal location for a keen walker. The North of the island is fairly rugged with mountains, whereas in the south is Korission Lake, an inland lake separated by a thin strip of sand from the sea.